Delivery Driver (Richmond)
Delivery Driver (DOT Medical Card Required)
Schedule: Monday-Saturday, 4:30 am – end of route
The objective of the Delivery Driver is to ensure that produce, dairy, and dry good products are delivered to customers in a manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations. The Delivery Driver is also responsible for communicating any customer preferences or issues to the Transportation Department Managers and Supervisors as well as the Customer Care Department. Finally, the Delivery Driver is responsible for operating vehicles in a safe and professional manner as well as reporting any vehicle maintenance issues using proper inspection format and verbal communication to supervisors.
- Performs deliveries, pick-ups, and returns of produce, dairy products, and dry goods to/from customers and suppliers.
- Use the Mobilecast program to review route assignments and log whereabouts while making deliveries using a Direct Connect handset/phone
- Review paperwork for assigned route(s) to ensure all invoices are present and in good condition
- Inspect cargo loads to ensure they are packed appropriately
- Prepares customer orders by verifying them with delivery invoices for accuracy, delivering them to customer facility, and assisting with check-in and placement of products at the client facility. Receives signatures on invoices for items delivered and collects any cash on delivery payments when necessary.
- Completes, organizes, and turns in all appropriate paperwork and invoices, making sure that all checks and monies are balanced and included in the drop.
- Ensures that all vehicles are cleaned out properly and the end of each shift.
- Perform and document pre-trip and post-trip inspections in proper Department of Transportation (DOT) format
- Requires a large degree of walking and climbing in and out of trucks throughout each workday.
- Requires a large degree of lifting, loading, and unloading produce, dairy products, and dry goods
- Outside work for extended periods of time throughout each workday
- High school diploma or it’s equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of verifiable driving experience
- General knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the transportation field
- Ability to operate automatic 26ft box truck
- Ability to interact with customers and be a frontline representative of the Company
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to obtain and DOT Medical Examiner’s card
- Able to pass a Human Performance Evaluation