Delivery Truck Driver – All Shifts
The objective of the Delivery Driver is to ensure that produce, dairy, and dry good products are delivered to Keany customers in a manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations. The Delivery Driver is also responsible for communicating any customer preferences or issues to the Transportation Department Managers and Supervisors as well as the Customer Care Department. Finally, the Delivery Driver is responsible for operating Keany vehicles in a safe and professional manner as well as reporting any vehicle maintenance issues using proper inspection format and verbal communication to supervisors.
- Performs deliveries, pick-ups, and returns of produce, dairy products, and dry goods to / from Keany Produce customers and suppliers.
- Use the UPS Logistics Mobilecast program to review route assignments and log whereabouts while making deliveries using a Direct Connect handset/phone
- Review paperwork for assigned route(s) to ensure all invoices are present and in good condition
- Inspect cargo loads to ensure they are packed appropriately
- Prepares customer orders by verifying them with delivery invoices for accuracy, delivering them to customer facility, and assisting with check in and placement of products at the client facility. Receives signatures on invoices for items delivered and collects any cash on delivery payments when necessary.
- Assists Warehouse and Customer Care departments in picking and loading any shorted product for delivery routes. Also makes Customer Care Department and supervisors aware of any delivery delays, shorts, errors, or quality issues that may require a reship to the customer immediately.
- Completes, organizes, and turns in all appropriate paperwork and invoices, making sure that all checks and monies are balanced and included in the drop.
- Ensures that all vehicles are cleaned out properly and the end of each shift.
- Takes multiple routes per day depending on volume and client demands.
- Completes any other delivery related duties that may be needed on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Additional Job Functions:
- Perform and document pre-trip and post-trip inspections in proper Department of Transportation (DOT) format
- Triage any vehicle issues needing immediate attention or repair
- Maintain communication with supervisors to ensure DOT required documentation is maintained (driver’s license, driving record, and medical examiners card)
- Keep track of hours worked to maintain responsibility for not exceeding DOT Hours of Duty (60 hours)
Working Conditions & Job Environment
Degree of physical demands (strength) usually associated with this position
- Requires a large degree of walking and climbing in and out of trucks throughout each work day.
- Requires a large degree of lifting, loading, and unloading produce, dairy products, and dry goods
Environmental Conditions (physical surroundings and hazards) usually associated with this position.
- Outside work for extended periods of time throughout each work day
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of verifiable driving experience
- General knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the transportation field
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to operate manual and automatic 26ft delivery truck
- Ability to interact with Keany customers and be a frontline representative of the Company
Licenses, Certifications, etc.
- State of Maryland, Virginia, or District of Columbia driver’s license
- Able to obtain and DOT Medical Examiner’s card
- Able to pass at DOT road test
- Able to pass a Human Performance Evaluation