- Maintain current knowledge of driving, training and safety requirements.
- Determine and provide instruction on appropriate action in potential or real medical emergency situations according to established guidelines and administer first aid to passengers as needed.
- Attend safety meetings; driver education and safety programs as directed.
- Maintain effective communications with co-workers, supervisor, and dispatcher.
- Provide instruction and assist drivers in the performance of their duties; including safety meetings and driver education programs.
- Evaluate driver knowledge, skills and performance standards related to efficiency, safety, and legality.
- Coordinate training activities with the Senior Transportation Manager.
- Assist in routine departmental functions as requested.
- May investigate accidents, and may monitor the performance of evacuation exercises if requested by Senior Transportation Manager.
- Conduct driver check-in to be sure all routes are covered, make fog calls to determine if conditions require a delay, check driver logs and mileage sheets to for accuracy, general record keeping, etc.
- Perform driver observations and ride alongs.
- Provide driver training and instruction for drivers to maintain in-service and renewal training requirements.
- Maintain driver training records in accordance with State requirements and district policies.
- Occasionally cover a daily route.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 years experience in the shipping and warehousing of wholesale produce
- 2 years of management
- Valid DOT Medical Certificate