Facilities Manager (Landover)
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
Objective: Responsible for the managing the construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities. Plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of the facilities. This includes building and grounds maintenance.(Exterior of the building for Black Lion facility)
- Participates in preparing the budget so that the facilities maintenance team has adequate funds for its operation.
- Maintain and repair all processing and production equipment to minimize loss of production time and improve productivity. Ensures that all equipment for all facilities is working properly.
- Create a schedule of regular evaluation of the facilities.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC refrigeration so they run at optimal levels. Responsible for the maintenance of pallet jacks, forklifts and other related equipment.
- Supervise maintenance personnel and evaluate the work quality of personnel. Manage on-call policy for maintenance personnel and monitor overtime usage.
- Coordinate with other departments on all maintenance related issues. Educate departments on the proper use and care of its equipment.
- Coordination of Contractors: Defining project, securing bids and supervision of work.
- Create and implement SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) and preventive maintenance programs. In conjunction with the Quality Assurance Manager maintain Food Safety and Sanitation environment.
- Maintain accurate records of the condition of the equipment and other systems in the building.
- Assist with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 years’ experience managing a facility to include: general repair, commercial refrigeration systems, electrical (480v, 3phase), and plumbing. Minimum 3-5 years in a supervisory experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word and Excel. Maintenance work order program.
- Organized, excellent verbal and written communication skills, leadership and team building