- To handle the forklift in a safe and consistent manner following the user guidelines and Keany warehouse safety regulations and procedures.
- To ensure proper warehouse storage of produce items so that inventory is managed in such a way that inventory is housed in the correct location and the oldest inventory is used first.
- To ensure that products are stored safely and that a clean warehouse environment is maintained.
- To input data for received items in the system to reflect current inventory levels.
- To transfer inventory to other warehouse departments and properly dispose of damaged products.
- To pull produce and dairy products for specific government orders.
- Cleaning the warehouse area including sweeping and removal of any boxes
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 – 2 years direct receiving and operating a forklift preferably in the produce industry
- Warehouse receiving and storage processes and procedures
- Knowledge of product types and the ability to make judgments on product quality
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment, and have good
- Able to drive a stand-up forklift truck
- Able to lift and load cases on to warehouse shelves properly and safely
- Ability to read put-away reports and match with slot location and case product description