Night Shift Receiver (Richmond, VA)
A Receiving Associate is also responsible for ensuring that produce and dairy products being delivered are received from its suppliers and stored in the proper manner within the warehouse areas.
*Receiver may have to pull orders on busy nights*
- To handle the forklift in a safe and consistent manner following the user guidelines and Keany warehouse safety regulations and procedures.
- To ensure proper warehouse storage of produce items so that inventory is managed in such a way that inventory is housed in the correct location and the oldest inventory is used first.
- To ensure that products are stored safely and that a clean warehouse environment is maintained.
- To input data for received items in the system to reflect current inventory levels.
- To transfer inventory to other warehouse departments and properly dispose of damaged products.
- To pull produce and dairy products for specific government orders.
- Cleaning the warehouse area including sweeping and removal of any boxes
Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent industry experience
- Two years of warehouse receiving experience.
- able to drive a stand-up forklift and sit-down forklift
- knowledge of produce types and ability to make judgements on product quality
- ability to read put-away reports and match with slot location and case product description
- flexible and adaptable to change in work assignments and priorities. Must be a self-starter, assertive – decision maker, forward thinker, and problem solver
- minimum lift requirement of 50-60 lbs on a regular basis
- cold, wet environment
- must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment, and have good organizational skills