Pre-Cut Worker (Landover)
Pre-Cut Workers are the front line to all customer orders based on custom cuts of large bulk produce. Pre-Cut Worker are responsible for cleaning, preparing, and packaging fruits and vegetables according to proper preparation methods. The Pre-Cut Worker is also responsible for standard food service work including proper sanitation duties within the Pre-Cut Department
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares all orders by selecting the proper product to be processed wither custom by hand or by machine.
- Ensures proper sanitation methods are used from raw to ready to eat.
- Places all orders into the specially designated receptacles.
- Uses scales and identifies proper tare weights for pricing on products.
Working Conditions/Job Environment:
- Degree of physical demands (strength) usually associated with this position.
- Requires repeated stooping and bending.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of boxed/bagged fruits and vegetables
- Require continuous standing for extended periods of time.
- Environmental conditions (physical surroundings and hazards) usually associated with this position.
- Working in a 35 degree (F) processing area for 8-10 hours on a daily basis
- Working in a damp environment 8-10 hours on a daily basis
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1- 2 years in the food preparation/food processing field preferably in the produce industry
- Knowledge of General Manufacturing Practices and procedures within a produce food preparation field
- Ability to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job under immediate supervision
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. on a repeated basis