Quality Assurance Technician (Richmond, VA)
Salary: Up to $18/hr
Implement Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) programs to ensure compliance of products and processes to corporate food safety and quality specifications and regulatory requirements at Keany Produce and Gourmet. In addition, the incumbent will handle FSQA program implementation of supplier approval, product safety and quality, plant sanitation and FSQA related regulatory interaction for the Richmond Facility of Keany Produce & Gourmet.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implementation and record keeping of FSQA programs including:
- HACCP and SQF Programs
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures
- Pest Control
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Approved Supplier Program
- Foreign Material Control
- Plant Sanitation
- Chemical Control
- Product Quality Assurance
- FSQA Customer Complaints
- Food Defense and Security
- Assist Employee Training of FSQA Programs, Policies and Procedures
- Assist in Recall and Traceability Programs including Mock Recalls
- Assist in Independent FSQA Audit Program – GMP/Food Safety & GFSI Audits
- Assist in supplier approval process including record keeping
- Assist in implementation of the QA Program – Quality Management, supplier quality conformance and customer compliant process
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals
- Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences
- Health and Safety – Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as company health and safety policies and procedures; advises supervisor of any unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials in a safe manner
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period
- Responsibilities for Confidential Matters: Discretion and integrity are required in safeguarding confidential matters such as pricing, costing, customer business practices, and corporate direction and policy.
Skills & Experience
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of 2-5 food industry experience at federal FDA RTE Plant.
- Strong understanding of Sanitation, SOPs, Pre-requisite programs, GMPs, HACCP, and GFSI.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general program instructions.
- Incumbent must demonstrate ability to monitor and record basic program characteristics on plant records.
- Incumbent must demonstrate ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- HACCP Certified.
- Preferably PCQI and SQF Practitioner
- Excellent computer (Microsoft Word, Excel) skills
- lab equipment, food and office communication equipment skills
Working Conditions & Job Environment
Degree of physical demands (strength) usually associated with this position.
- Able to lift bulky objects. Min 25-lbs to 40lbs up to 70lbs occasionally
- Stand 30%; Walk 50%; Sit 20%
- Warehouse and plant audits may require close and distance vision to judge GMPs, peripheral vision and depth perception mandatory for safety.
Environmental conditions (physical surroundings and hazards) usually associated with this position.
- Cold, damp environment