Quality Assurance Technician (Landover, MD)
Salary: Up to $18/hr
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for ensuring all finished product packaging and package integrity specifications are being followed. Abides by and ensures all safety and quality protocols.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducting all quality monitoring functions on a shift basis, including taking temperatures, and measuring pH, and chlorine levels.
- Documenting, maintaining, and updating all records for the processing room.
- Working effectively with production to satisfy specification requirements.
- Providing support in the overall coordination of housekeeping, cleaning and sanitation activities.
- Assisting and supporting overall QA initiatives.
Additional Job Functions:
- Provide on-going support in identifying Keany Produce Company’s compliance gaps and devise corrective action as needed.
- Generate and update SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) as needed.
- Perform internal audits of processing room processes and procedures.
Working Conditions & Job Environment
Degree of physical demands (strength) usually associated with this position.
- Able to lift bulky objects. Min 25-lbs to 40lbs up to 70lbs occasionally
- Stand 30%; Walk 50%; Sit 20%
Environmental conditions (physical surroundings and hazards) usually associated with this position.
- Cold, damp environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of Quality Assurance or related experience
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Skills and Abilities
- This individual must be able to operate with limited supervision, be attentive to detail, and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- This individual must be highly motivated and take initiative.
- Will be required to perform hands-on tasks when necessary and demonstrate key leadership skills, such as a positive attitude, encouraging approach, strong work ethic, goal-oriented and decisive nature, and a willingness to take responsibility for actions and decisions.