Pack or package by hand a tomatoes and other various product.
Essential Job Functions:
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment, such as conveyors, or in specified areas, such as loading docks.
- Seal containers or materials, using glues, fasteners, nails, and hand tools.
- Lift 25 pound cases repetitively.
- Place, stack, and transport large amount of cases to a pallet.
Additional Job Functions:
- Load materials and product into package processing equipment.
- Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers using hand tools.
- Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Mark and label containers, container tags, or products using marking tools.
Working Conditions & Job Environment:
Degree of physical demands (strength) usually associated with this position:
- Minimum lift requirement 50-60 lbs. on a regular basis
- Requires repeated stooping and bending
- Frequent lifting and carrying of boxed/bagged fruits and vegetables (primarily tomatoes)
- Requires continuous standing for extended periods of time
Environmental conditions (physical surroundings and hazards) usually associated with this position:
- Working in a 55 degree (F) processing area for 8-10 hours on a daily basis
- Working in a damp environment 8-10 hours on a daily basis
- Moderately noisy environment
- Fast paced environment
- Operation hours start time begins 6:00 am -until 3 pm , Monday thru Friday and occasional Saturdays
- Ability to recognize letters and symbols
- 1-2 years direct order pulling experience, preferably in the produce industry
- Basic awareness of produce types
- Basic warehouse distribution
Skills and Abilities
- Able to lift and load products into boxes
- Able to make judgments on product quality
- Able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment and have good organizational skills
- Able to break 50 and 25 pound bags into 5 pound and dozen counts
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years direct order pulling experience, preferably in the produce industry
- Advanced warehouse distribution and advanced produce knowledge
Skills and Abilities
- Flexibility and adaptable to change in work assignments and priorities
- Must be a self starter, assertive, decision maker, forward thinker, and problem solver