Join Our Team
Be Part of a Growing Family
Keany Produce & Gourmet is a recognized leader in the wholesale produce industry. We have a dedicated team that is involved in every facet of getting fresh produce from farms to restaurants and businesses throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, and we offer exceptional opportunities for a variety of careers. We are constantly looking for new talent, and have a tradition of giving all our people opportunities for advancement.
If you are interested in joining our hard working team of professionals, please complete our Employment Application and Invitation to Self-Identify Form.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will be contact directly by the manager for that position.
Keany Produce is located within walking distance from the Landover Metro Station.
Keany Produce & Gourmet
Human Resources Department
3310 75th Avenue
Landover, MD 20785
Keany Produce & Gourmet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or veteran status.
*EOEAA /M/F/Vet/Disability VEVRAA Federal Contractor*
Jobs at Keany
Narrow Your Results
We currently have the following positions open:
Account Executive (Richmond)Sales
Account Executive (Richmond)
The Account Executive position is a position in the Keany Produce Sales Department. The Account Executive serves as a front-line sales representative in initiating, developing and maintaining relationships with Keany Produce customers while learning the different roles and responsibilities throughout the entire organization. This is a SALES and SERVICE job. We want you to be successful in the fresh produce industry and that may include work during off-hours.
- Associates Degree in Business or related work experience
- 2-4 years direct sales experience in the foodservice and/or hands-on restaurant industry experience
- General understanding of the sales process
Skills and Abilities
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment, in a rapidly growing company.
- Initiative, self-motivation, and intrinsic desire for excellent results.
- Dedication to internal and external customer service.
- Strong communication written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management, and organizational skills.
- Extremely confident and able to operate independently with limited supervision.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The CDL- A Driver position is responsible for, but not limited to, the safe and efficient operation of a tractor trailer for the transport of perishable and non-perishable products to/from customers and other facilities.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have CDL A License.
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial truck driving
- Must have a clean MVR for the past three (3) years.
- Ability to comprehend and fully follow established and new company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in and adapt to changing business patterns.
- Must have good customer service and communication skills.
- Must be a responsible driver with good knowledge of roads and map reading skills.
- Have good work ethic.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical/drug screen and employment verifications per FMCR.
- Must meet all DOT requirements as prescribed in the “Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations” publication.
- Must have knowledge of DOT rules, regulations, and laws for the safe and proper operation of a tractor trailer.
Delivery Driver – All ShiftsTransportation
Delivery Driver – All Shifts
The objective of the Delivery Driver is to ensure that produce, dairy, and dry good products are delivered to Keany customers in a manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations. The Delivery Driver is also responsible for communicating any customer preferences or issues to the Transportation Department Managers and Supervisors as well as the Customer Care Department. Finally, the Delivery Driver is responsible for operating Keany vehicles in a safe and professional manner as well as reporting any vehicle maintenance issues using proper inspection format and verbal communication to supervisors.
Working Conditions & Job Environment
- Requires a large degree of walking and climbing in and out of trucks throughout each work day.
- Requires a large degree of lifting, loading, and unloading produce, dairy products, and dry goods
- Outside work for extended periods of time throughout each work day
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of verifiable driving experience
- General knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the transportation field
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to operate automatic 22ft delivery truck
- Ability to interact with Keany customers and be a frontline representative of the Company
Licenses, Certifications, etc.
- State of Maryland, Virginia, or District of Columbia driver’s license
- Able to obtain a DOT Medical Examiner’s card
- Able to pass a Human Performance Evaluation
Order Selector – Full-time
- Reading customer orders accurately.
- Locating and selecting the specific warehouse items to fulfill the customer’s order.
- Operating Electric Riding Jack and other warehouse machinery to stack items and prepare orders for shipping.
- Placing the prepared orders in the correct dock slips for loading onto shipping trucks.
- Performing visual inspections of orders to ensure they are correct and ready for shipment.
- Labeling order shipments correctly for easy identification.
- Applying shrink wrap to the prepared order before shipping.
- Following warehouse safety procedures for the operation of equipment, such as wearing proper clothing, safe food handling, and maintaining awareness of your surroundings and the other workers when transporting items.
- Keeping the warehouse clean and organized at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years direct order pulling experience preferably in the produce industry
- Warehouse distribution and produce knowledge
- Electric Riding Jack