Join Our Team
Be Part of a Growing Family
Keany Produce Company is a recognized leader in the wholesale produce industry. We have a dedicated team that is involved in every facet of getting fresh produce from farms to restaurants and businesses throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, and we offer exceptional opportunities for a variety of careers. We are constantly looking for new talent, and have a tradition of giving all our people opportunities for advancement.
Keany Produce is located within walking distance from the Landover Metro Station.
Keany Produce Company
Human Resources Department
3310 75th Avenue
Landover, MD 20785
* You may also send us your resume to the address above.
Jobs at Keany
Narrow Your Results
We currently have the following positions open:
Sales Account ExecutiveSales
Sales Account Executive
The Account Executive serves as a front-line sales representative in initiating, developing and maintaining relationships with Keany Produce customers while learning the different roles and responsibilities throughout the entire organization.
Work closely with the Sales, Customer Care, and Customer Service departments.
- Develop, launch and monitor a customer survey program.
- Contribute and participate as a part of the Sales team.
- Collect money from delinquent accounts.
- Generate sales by filtering inquiries and closing opportunities either independently or in association with other members of the sales team.
- Supply customers with timely responses regarding order/shipment status, product information, pricing, and company information.
- Solve customer problems by listening to their concerns and providing practical solutions.
- 3-5 years either in sales, catering, or restaurants in the capacity of purchasing and customer relations.
- Growing your own customer base on top of the already established customers will provide the stability of one’s career
- Flexibility is essential
Delivery Truck Driver – All ShiftsTransportation
Delivery Truck Driver – All Shifts
Ensuring that produce, dairy, and dry good products are delivered to Keany customers in a manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations. In addition, the Deliver Truck Driver is responsible for operating Keany vehicles in a safe and professional manner as well as reporting any vehicle maintenance issues using proper inspection format and verbal communication to supervisors.
- Deliver, unload, pick-up, and return produce, dairy products, and dry goods to/from Keany Produce customers and suppliers which may include multiple routes per day
- Use the UPS Logistics Mobilecast program to review route assignments and log locations while making deliveries using a Nextel Direct Connect handset/phone
- Review paperwork for assigned route(s) to ensure all invoices are present and in good condition
- Inspect cargo loads to ensure appropriate packing
- Prepare customer orders and verify them with delivery invoices for accuracy, deliver products, remove them from the vehicle to customer facility, and assist with check in and placement of products
- Receive signatures on invoices for items delivered and collect money if applicable
- Assist Warehouse and Customer Care departments in picking and loading any shorted product for delivery routes
- Notify Customer Care Department of delivery delays, shorts, or errors that may arise
- Ensure that all vehicles are clean at the end of each shift.
- Perform and document pre-trip and post-trip inspection in proper DOT format
- Triage any vehicle issues needing immediate triage or repair
- Ensure DOT required documentation is maintained (driver’s license, driving record, and medical examiner’s card)
- Accurately tracks hours worked to maintain DOT compliance Qualifications
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- 2-3 years verifiable driving experience
- State of Maryland, Virginia, or District of Columbia driver’s license
- Ability to obtain and DOT Medical Examiner’s card
- Ability to pass at DOT road test
- Must be able to operate manual and automatic 26ft delivery truck
Delivery Truck MoverTransportation
Delivery Truck Mover
To provide driving support to the Transportation Department and the Warehouse Department of Keany Produce Company as it relates to the preparation, staging, loading, and unloading of its delivery trucks.
- Move all vehicles not in use, from warehouse doors to parking locations for storage.
- Move all vehicles that supervisors request into warehouse door locations as specified.
- Ensure that company vehicles (primarily delivery trucks) are in the appropriate locations within facility.
- Ensure that all vehicles are cleaned out properly by drivers.
- Perform local pick-ups and deliveries between vendors.
- Perform and document pre-trip inspections in proper Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) format.
- Triage any vehicle issues needing immediate attention or repair.
- Maintain communication with supervisors to ensure D.O.T. required documentation is maintained
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- General knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the transportation field
- Ability to operate manual and automatic 26 ft delivery trucks
- Ability to pass a Human Performance Evaluation administered by Keany’s third party medical provider.
- State of Maryland, State of Virginia, or District of Columbia Driver’s License.
- Possess a Department of Transportation Medical Examiner’s Card
- A current driving record with no more than 2 negative points
Leads programs that combine advertising and product / market information to increase sales. The Coordinator develops and implements marketing and advertising campaigns, including social media; tracking sales data; maintaining promotional materials; planning meetings and trade shows; maintaining databases; preparing reports.
- Coordinate marketing activities to promote Keany’s products and services.
- Coordinate with Sales to determine strategies for marketing and trade show activities.
- Work with vendors, advertisers, developers to market the Keany brand.
- Integrate environmental or sustainable information for the Company including strategies and activities.
- Create interest among customers for determined sales promotions
- Plan promotional campaigns such as contests, coupons, promotions, or giveaways
- Work with purchasing to determine the demand season for products and help communicate
- Evaluate and regularly update the look and feel of the company website social media during promotions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Management, or other related field
- 2 –4 years marketing or direct (B to B) sales experience, hospitality, food service and/or produce industry