Join Our Team
Be Part of a Growing Family
Keany Produce & Gourmet is a recognized leader in the wholesale produce industry. We have a dedicated team that is involved in every facet of getting fresh produce from farms to restaurants and businesses throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, and we offer exceptional opportunities for a variety of careers. We are constantly looking for new talent, and have a tradition of giving all our people opportunities for advancement.
If you are interested in joining our hard working team of professionals, please complete our Employment Application and Invitation to Self-Identify Form.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will be contact directly by the manager for that position.
Keany Produce is located within walking distance from the Landover Metro Station.
Keany Produce & Gourmet
Human Resources Department
3310 75th Avenue
Landover, MD 20785
Keany Produce & Gourmet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or veteran status.
*EOEAA /M/F/Vet/Disability VEVRAA Federal Contractor*
Jobs at Keany
Narrow Your Results
We currently have the following positions open:
Delivery Truck MoverTransportation
Delivery Truck Mover
To provide driving support to the Transportation Department and the Warehouse Department of Keany Produce Company as it relates to the preparation, staging, loading, and unloading of its delivery trucks.
- Responsible for moving trucks on the shipping yard(s). The Truck Mover arranges the trucks in the best possible configuration for yard organization and the setup shifts.
- Coordinates with the warehouse for proper door placement for loading.
- Manages basic truck logs, checking and maintaining fuel and fluid levels of trucks.
- Ensure that all vehicles are cleaned out properly by drivers.
- Perform local pick-ups and deliveries between vendors.
- Perform and document pre-trip inspections in proper Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) format.
- Triage any vehicle issues needing immediate attention or repair.
- Maintain communication with supervisors to ensure D.O.T. required documentation is maintained
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- General knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the transportation field
- Ability to operate manual and automatic 26 ft delivery trucks
- Ability to pass a Human Performance Evaluation administered by Keany’s third party medical provider.
- State of Maryland, State of Virginia, or District of Columbia Driver’s License.
- Possess a Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical Examiner’s Card
- A current driving record with no more than 2 negative points
SUNDAY – off
MONDAY – 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
TUESDAY – 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
WEDNESDAY – off
THURSDAY -8:30 am – 5:30 pm
FRIDAY – 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
SATURDAY – 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares all orders by selecting the proper product to be processed wither custom by hand or by machine.
- Ensures proper sanitation methods are used from raw to ready to eat.
- Places all orders into the specially designated receptacles.
- Uses scales and identifies proper tare weights for pricing on products.
- Working Conditions/Job Environment:
- Degree of physical demands (strength) usually associated with this position.
- Requires repeated stooping and bending.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of boxed/bagged fruits and vegetables
- Require continuous standing for extended periods of time.
- Environmental conditions (physical surroundings and hazards) usually associated with this position.
- Working in a 45 degree (F) processing area for 8-10 hours on a daily basis
- Working in a damp environment 8-10 hours on a daily basis
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1- 2 years in the food preparation/food processing field preferably in the produce industry
- Knowledge of General Manufacturing Practices and procedures within a produce food preparation field
- Ability to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job under immediate supervision
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. on a repeated basis